Want an item we don't have?
With interlibrary loans, you can find items in other public and university libraries around the province, and have them sent to one of our branches for you to borrow.
Formats that you can request include books, DVDs, audiobook CDs, and music CDs. Customers with print disabilities can request all of the above and any other accessible formats. Items take 2 - 6 weeks to arrive and you can have up to 5 requests at one time.
Each library system has its own rules for what materials may or may not be requested.
Before Making a Request
- Check if the item is part of Coquitlam Public Library's collection by searching our catalogue.
- If the item is part of our collection, please place a hold instead.
- If the item was published within the last 12 months, please suggest a purchase instead.
Making an Interlibrary Loan Request
- Go to Illume Interlibrary Loans.
- Illume works best with Chrome or Firefox.
- Look for your item using the search bar at the top of the page.
- Click on the title you want and review the item details.
- If the item is the one you want, click on "Request this item".
- Fill out the form and submit your request. You'll be notified when the item is ready for pickup.
- Item must be returned to a Coquitlam Public Library branch.
Go to Illume Interlibrary Loans »
- Material in our catalogue (unless designated "lost" or "on search").
- Items published in the last 12 months.
- Magazines (however, you can request photocopies of individual articles).
- Reference material.
- Downloadable and streaming media (such as eBooks, eAudiobooks, and streaming movies).
FAQs About Interlibrary Loans