The City Centre and Poirier branches have re-opened to the public.
New procedures have been implemented to ensure the safety of our customers and staff. We welcome you back with a selection of modified services, with plans to gradually expand services.
Check out our COVID-19 Updates and Info page to see how the Library is helping.
What to expect during your visit
*Click on the video title for full screen options.
Find our latest branch hours on the Hours & Locations page.
Protective Safety Measures
We will be following the recommended guidelines from the BC Health Authority.
Upon your arrival, you will be greeted by a staff member at the entrance. Please follow their directions and navigational signage posted throughout the Library.
Library Visit Basics:
- Visits are limited to 2 hour max
- Occupancy limits
- Separate entrance and exit doors; please pay attention to in-branch navigational and physical distancing signage
- No food or drink
- Staff have been trained in proper hand hygiene and will be wearing masks or face shields
- Library surfaces will be sanitized on a regular basis
- We encourage customers to have good hand hygiene. Hand sanitizer stations are available in-branch, washrooms are open to promote hand washing. Instructions for proper hand washing is available on washroom mirrors.
Collections, Holds and Returns
- Select collections and book displays for browsing
- Please ask Help Desk staff for any missing collections you need
- Leave unwanted materials on carts - do not re-shelve
- Holds pickup in-branch and by curbside pickup
- Return box located near the entrance just outside the branch; all returned items are quarantined for 72 hours
- We are now accepting interlibrary loan requests. For more information, visit our Interlibrary Loans page.
- Self-checkout machines for borrowing
- Payment system at self-checkout machines; debit or credit only
- Printing, photocopying, faxing and scanning services
Computer, Internet and DVD Player Services
- Unlimited Wi-Fi use; standing tables available for customers bringing in their own laptop or device
- Library computer use:
- 1 hour time limit per person, per day with option to extend for 1 additional hour
- Reservation required - same day or next day reservations
- Book in-person, by phone 604-554-7323 or online
- Keyboard covers wiped down after each use
- DVD players: available for loan at Poirier for in-branch use. Headphones not included; earbuds available for purchase for $2.00.
- Silent Reading Lounge at the Poirier branch
- Please use hand sanitizer before and after handling newspapers or using the Press Display Reader.
- Occupancy limit: 6 people.
- Local History Room / Digitization Station: digitizing and imaging
- Occupancy limit: 1 person or 2 people if in the same family group.
- Limited in-person help available
- Help sheets for databases and services available
- Limited seating available
- At City Centre branch: along the windows adjacent to Pinetree Way, in the Children's area and in the Teens area
- At Poirier branch: in the study area behind World Languages
- Innovation Hub: 3D printing and virtual reality
- Select browsing collections including music CDs, CD books and magazines
- For music CDs place a request at the Help Desk
- For magazines and CD books place a hold through our catalogue
- Meeting rooms, group study rooms and silent study rooms