Protective Safety Measures
We will follow the recommended guidelines from the BC Health Authority.
Upon your arrival, you will be greeted by a staff member at the entrance. Please follow their directions and navigational signage posted throughout the Library.
Library Visit Basics
- Visits are limited to 2 hour max
- Occupancy limits
- Separate entrance and exit doors; please pay attention to in-branch navigational and physical distancing signage
- No food or drink
- Masks are required, in accordance with the PHO order. Those who cannot wear a mask or who cannot put on and remove a mask on their own are exempt.
- Staff are trained in proper hand hygiene and will be wearing masks or face shields
- Library surfaces are sanitized on a regular basis
- We encourage customers to use the hand sanitizer stations and washroom sinks available in-branch, for hand washing. Instructions for proper hand washing is available on washroom mirrors.
- Select collections and book displays for browsing including current issue magazines and select back issue magazines.
- Please ask Help Desk staff for any missing collections you need
- Leave unwanted materials on carts - do not re-shelve
- Self-serve holds pickup in-branch and by curbside pickup
- Please use hand sanitizer before and after handling self-serve holds
- For curbside pickup, please call the branch upon arrival or see entrance greeter
- Self-checkout machines for borrowing
- Payment system at self-checkout machines; debit or credit only
- Return box located near the entrance just outside the branch; all returned items are quarantined for 72 hours
- We are now accepting interlibrary loan requests. For more information, visit our Interlibrary Loans page.
- Unlimited Wi-Fi use; standing tables available for customers bringing in their own laptop or device
- Library computer use:
- 1 hour time limit per person, per day with option to extend for 1 additional hour
- Reservation required - same day or next day reservations
- Book in-person, by phone 604-554-7323 or online
- Keyboard covers wiped down after each use
- DVD players: available for loan at Poirier for in-branch use. Headphones not included; earbuds available for purchase for $2.00.
- Printing, photocopying, faxing and scanning services
- Silent Reading Lounge at the Poirier branch
- Please use hand sanitizer before and after handling newspapers or using the Press Display Reader.
- Occupancy limit: 6 people.
- Local History Room / Digitization Station: digitizing and imaging
- Occupancy limit: 1 person or 2 people if in the same family group.
- Limited in-person help available - phone and video help session available by request
- Help sheets for databases and services available
- Limited seating available
- City Centre branch: Seating is available along the windows adjacent to Pinetree Way, in the Children's area and in the Teens area
- Poirier branch: Seating is available in the study area behind World Languages
- Study carrels and group study tables are available throughout each branch. Before using a study carrel or table, please check for a double sided sign indicating whether the space has been sanitized and ready for use
- Innovation Hub: 3D printing and virtual reality
- Select browsing collections including music CDs, CD books and select back issue magazines
- For back issue magazines and CD books, place a hold through our catalogue
- Meeting rooms, group study rooms and silent study rooms
What to expect during your visit
*Click on the video title for full screen options.