Want an item we don't have?
With Illume Interlibrary Loans
, you can search for items in nearly all of the province's public and university libraries, and have them sent to one of our branches.
Formats that can be requested include print material (excluding magazines and newspapers), DVDs, audiobook CDs and music CDs. For customers with a print disability, all of the above and any other accessible formats can be requested.
Before Making a Request
Making Your Request
- Go to Illume Interlibrary Loans
- Illume works best with Chrome or Firefox.
- Use the search bar to look for your item
- Click on the specific title you want and review the item details
- If the item is the one you want, click on 'Request this item'
- Fill out the form and submit
Each library system has its own rules for what materials may or may not be requested.
- Material in our catalogue (unless designated "lost" or "on search")
- Items published in the last 12 months
- Magazines (but you can request photocopies of individual articles)
- Reference material
FAQs About Interlibrary Loans
- Rare books
- Textbooks for academic courses
- Unpublished dissertations and theses
- Books published in multi-volume sets
- The lending library may charge a fee
- Overdue fines of $0.50 per day per item
- You may have up to 5 items requested or borrowed at one time
- We allow 25 loans per year free of charge
- When you place your request, select the City Centre or Poirier branch.
- You will need the library card used to place the request in order to check out the item.
- You must return interlibrary loans to City Centre branch or Poirier branch.
- Please make sure that any slips attached to the material are included when you return the item.
To cancel your request, call 604-554-7323
or email us at email@example.com