Want a book we don't have?
With Illume Interlibrary Loans, you can search for books in nearly all of the province's public and university libraries, and have them sent to one of our branches.
*Illume works best with Chrome or Firefox.
Before Making a Request
- Material in our catalogue (unless designated "lost" or "on search")
- Books published in the last 12 months
- Audiovisual material, such as DVDs or CDs
- Magazines (but you can request photocopies of individual articles)
- Reference material
FAQs About Interlibrary Loans
- Rare books
- Textbooks for academic courses
- Unpublished dissertations and theses
- Books published in multi-volume sets
- Books with an audio-visual component
- The lending library may charge a fee
- Overdue fines of $0.50 per day per item
- You may have up to 5 items requested or borrowed at one time
- We allow 25 loans per year free of charge
- When you place your request, select the City Centre or Poirier branch.
- You will need the library card used to place the request in order to check out the item.
- You must return interlibrary loans to either the City Centre or Poirier branch of the Library.
- Please make sure that any slips attached to the material are included when you return the item.
To cancel your request, call 604-554-7323
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org