If you have any questions about your interlibrary loan request, please email
Before you request an interlibrary loan, please check the Coquitlam Public Library catalogue
For items published within the last 12 months, please suggest a purchase
About Interlibrary Loans
In the provincial interlibrary loan system, Outlook Online
, you can look for materials in nearly all of the province's public, college and institute libraries. You can request most items to be sent to your home library. There are certain types of material that may NOT be requested through interlibrary loan:
- Material owned by Coquitlam Public Library unless designated "lost" or "on search"
- Books published in the last 12 months
- Circulating material already owned by Coquitlam Public Library
- Audiovisual material, such as DVDs or CDs
- Magazines (but photocopies can be ordered of individual articles)
- Reference material
What material may not be available
- Rare books
- Textbooks for academic courses
- Unpublished dissertations and theses
- Books published in multi-volume sets
- Books with an audio-visual component
How much do I have to pay?
Coquitlam Public Library tries to locate material without charge. Occasionally, there may be fees set by the lending library. If there are fees, we will contact you to confirm if such a charge is acceptable before requesting the material from the lending library.
Is there a limit on interlibrary loan requests?
A limit of 25 loans per year will be allowed free of charge, with a limit of 5 items in process at a time. Patrons will be charged $8.00 for each request above the annual limit.
Picking up your material
Please select your preferred pick-up location, Poirier or City Centre, when placing your request.
To check out your interlibrary loan, you will need the library card used to place the request.
Returning your interlibrary loan
Every item is checked out with a pink paper band and barcode slip. Please ensure that these are attached to the material when returned.
Interlibrary loans must be returned to either the Poirier or City Centre branch of Coquitlam Public Library.