ZTE Smart Hub
Get Internet on the go! ZTE Smart Hubs are the perfect fix when you need a little boost – a temporary secure, reliable wireless connection that allows you to connect to the internet anytime, anywhere. Available soon!
Loan period is 14 days with up to 2 renewals.
*Renewals are only available when there is no one waiting on the holds list
- Locate the power switch on the back of the device and flip to the ON position.
- Wait for the Smart Hub to boot up.
- If it doesn't turn on, use the power cable to charge it.
On your device
- Open the WiFi settings.
- Look for and select the network name ZTE MF279T/2.4GXXXX or ZTE MF279T/5GXXXX.
- Enter the password that's labelled on the ZTE Smart Hub.
- Passwords are case sensitive.
- Your device will connect to the network.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use a ZTE Smart Hub in the following cities: Aldergrove, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Delta, Ladner, Langley, New Westminster, North Vancouver, Pitt Meadows, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Richmond, Surrey, Vancouver, West Vancouver, and White Rock.
A fully charged ZTE Smart Hub will provide approximately 2.5 hours of use time. Battery life may vary depending on the number of connected devices and activity.
Each ZTE Smart Hub provides two frequencies: 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. You can connect 1 device per frequency for a total of two devices at one time.
A 2.4 GHz connection travels farther at lower speeds meaning you can be further away from the Smart Hub; a 5 GHz connection provides faster speeds at a shorter range.
These devices are intended to temporarily bridge gaps in your own personal Internet, including times when:
- you are waiting for your primary Internet service to be set up while moving,
- you are experiencing an outage, or
- you are spending a day working outdoors.
ZTE Smart Hubs are not a replacement for your home internet connection or personal mobile data. Coquitlam Public Library reserves the right to disable devices that are found to be exceeding a reasonable amount of usage. Free, unlimited WiFi is available at both the City Centre and Poirier branches, including branch parking lots – 24/7.
The Government of Canada provides eligible low-income families and seniors access to low-cost home Internet service. To learn more about the program, visit Connecting Families.
Contact us at 604-554-7323 or firstname.lastname@example.org