For customers with print disabilities
- Available at the Poirier branch 🎧
- Restricted collection for individuals with print disabilities, for example, but not limited to, low vision, the inability to hold or manipulate a book, or impairments related to comprehension
- Registration required
We deliver library material to your home and pick it up for return, free of charge.
- Available for all Coquitlam residents (60+) and residents who are temporarily or permanently homebound in private homes, residences and care centres
- Materials selection based on individual preferences and needs
- Delivered monthly; registration required
Materials and Formats Available
*Players may be available by request
Audiobook Access and/or Homebound Registration
Centre for Equitable Library Access
Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA) provides accessible library services for Coquitlam residents with print disabilities.
Service is open to all ages and includes books, magazines and newspapers delivered by mail and digital formats delivered by email.
Register online or contact us at 604-554-7323
Interlink: Accessible Collections
The Library is a member of the InterLINK Library partnership through which customers can access even more materials in accessible formats. This collection is available through interlibrary loan and includes:
In addition to our local audiobook collection for individuals with print disabilities, customers can also request Audiobooks from other libraries in the lower mainland via interlibrary loan.
Braille Books for Children
There is a small collection of braille books for children available in the Lower Mainland. For more information or to place a request, please contact email@example.com.