Between October and December 2022, we’re doing behind-the-scenes work to move our digital collection from CloudLibrary to Libby by Overdrive. Libby is already home to our digital magazines and soon you can enjoy your ebooks and audiobooks—across devices—in a single app.
Keep reading for ways that you can transition your digital reading over to Libby.
In addition to making things simpler by finding your digital magazines, ebooks, and audiobooks all in one place, Libby also allows you to access content when, where, and how you want. On your phone or home computer, in your car, and on your Kobo eReader. Most Kobo eReaders even have a built-in Overdrive app that customers can use to directly access CPL's collection without needing to hook their reader up to a computer.
Libby has simple commands that allow you to adjust an ebook's font size, book layout, and lighting. You can add bookmarks, create notes, and define words. For avid readers who keep losing that book list they wrote down, Libby lets you set smart tags on titles so you can keep track of books you've borrowed, sampled, or get notified when a new edition or title becomes available from a series you love.
When is this happening?
- November 1st, you will no longer be able to make new holds on CloudLibrary, however, any existing books which you have borrowed and are reading will remain available. No new or emerging titles will be available on CloudLibrary.
- Mid-December, our full catalogue will be available on Libby, including new releases.
- January 1st, Coquitlam Public Library will no longer have a catalogue with CloudLibrary.
What does this mean for my existing CloudLibrary books and holds?
- Existing holds can still be viewed through the CloudLibrary web patron, but will no longer be viewable on the app.
- If an on-hold item becomes available, you can use any device (a desktop computer, a tablet, or a smartphone) to borrow it through the web patron. You can then choose to read it on the web patron or on the app.
- We cannot guarantee that existing CloudLibrary holds will be transferred to Libby, and recommend making a note of the items you have on hold right now, so that if needed, you can place them on hold again once we go live with Libby.
How can I get started with Libby?
Pro tip: customers who are members of another library system and already use Libby can set up all their library memberships within the app! Learn how.
- Download the Libby app for Apple or Android devices
- Sign in with a Coquitlam Public Library card and PIN
- Borrow a digital magazine, and sign up for notifications when new issues of popular magazines are released.
Customers who live in Coquitlam can access additional eBooks and eAudiobooks on Hoopla.
Watch this space for updates over the next couple of months!
Have a question? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-554-7323.
Watch an Instructional Video