Our Mission, Vision & Values
Mission, Vision and Values
We nurture joy in discovery by providing inviting, innovative spaces and services that promote learning and knowledge and engage all of Coquitlam’s diverse communities.
We are leaders in information, innovative and inspirational services, inclusive atmosphere, and community engagement.
- Openness: To ideas, to difference, to possibility
- Inclusion: Everyone is welcome and everyone is accepted
- Respect: For each other, for our community and for the environment that sustains us
- Curiosity: We are always asking: What would happen? How could it be better? What if…?
- Love of learning: Creating and maintaining spaces and practices that encourage excitement about learning
Discover how we are achieving the Library's Mission, Vision and Values in our Strategic Plan and Report to the Community.
Statement on Race and Social Equity
On June 24, 2020, the CPL Board endorsed Canadian Urban Libraries Council’s Statement on Race and Social Equity, as an aspirational goal.
Tri-Cities Children's Accord
The communities of Anmore, Belcarra, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam and Port Moody agree that the Early and Middle Childhood Years (birth to 12 years) are critical in the healthy development and future well-being of children in our communities. These values are outlined in the Tri-Cities Children's Accord.
Truth & Reconciliation Calls to Action
We are working to respond to the calls to action from the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Report that have particular relevance to libraries. For more information including Emotional Support Resources, visit our Truth and Reconciliation webpage.