We are currently not accepting materials donations. Please check back again.
We accept donations of recently published general-interest books and audio-visual material that are in excellent condition. All donations are reviewed according to our purchased material standards; items that do not meet those standards may be sold in our book sales or recycled.
We will accept up to 50 items at a time, delivered to either of our two branches. We do not issue tax receipts for donated materials. All material donations become the exclusive property of Coquitlam Public Library.
We do not accept:
- Water damaged, yellowed, moldy or mildewed items
- Encyclopedia sets
- VHS / cassette tapes
- Mixed media kits
- Readers' Digest Condensed books
- Books in languages other than English, French, Chinese, Farsi, Korean or Spanish
- Magazines, textbooks and workbooks
The following places accept book donations in good condition:
Coquitlam Value Village locations
- 1301 United Boulevard
- Unit 301, 552 Clarke Road
- 2739 Barnett Highway
Big Brothers donation bin in IKEA
- 1000 Lougheed Highway, Coquitlam