Tech Toys to Try
The lendable tech listed on this page can be placed on hold. Loan period is 14 days with up to 2 renewals and overdue fines are $1.00/day unless otherwise specified.
*Renewals are only available when there is no one waiting on the holds list.
Each Wonderbook has a ready-to-play audiobook inside the front cover. Use Read-Along mode to listen to the story. Switch to Learning Mode afterwards for more literacy opportunities like open-ended questions about the book. Place a hold
- Borrow up to 2 Wonderbooks per library card
- Loan period is 21 days with up to 2 renewals
- Charging cable available to borrow from Library Help Desk
Explore the great outdoors with a binocular kit. Place a hold
Each kit includes
- Acuter 10x42 waterproof binoculars with 2 objective lens covers
- Carrying case & instructions
- Birds of North America and Night Sky of North America pocket guides
Ozobot Bits are small robots that offer a fun, simple introduction to coding. Program them to follow lines and respond to different colour combinations by drawing on paper with different coloured markers. Place a hold
Sphero SPRKS are robotic balls that offer a simple, fun introduction to coding. Use the free Sphero Edu app to program Spheros to perform various challenges and activities. Place a hold
Explore the night sky with our telescope starter kit. Place a hold
Each kit includes:
- A Skywatcher Heritage 76 Dobsonian telescope
- Carrying case & instruction sheet
- Two eyepieces: a standard 20 mm lens and either a 4 mm or 10 mm lens
- The National Geographic Night Sky of North America guidebook
Thank you to the Coquitlam Kinsmen and the Friends of Coquitlam Public Library Society for providing funding for our Ozobot Bits, Sphero SPRKs and Telescope Kits.
Playaway Launchpads are sturdy tablets loaded with fun and educational games.
Launchpads for Kids
include subjects like math, transportation, nature, building and engineering, shapes and colours, animals and princesses.
Launchpads for Adults & Teens include themes like mind games, word searches, hidden objects and more.
Contact us at 604-554-7323 or firstname.lastname@example.org